The wardrobe chronicles continue on my end and I have started the sorting of my drawers and closet.
My main focus is on the chest of drawers and the hanging closet. Let’s just say my clothing is all over the place so the chances of closet pieces in the drawers are pretty high. 🙂
At the end of the day I want the pieces that remain to be the pieces that are functional and that are able to serve my style needs.
This approach requires me to try on each item of clothing to assess fit, function and of course comfort. You read correctly – I will try them all on before they are either folded or placed in the ironing pile for the hanging closet debut.
This my friends is the most time consuming part of this entire exercise. I have to also admit that this very reason is why I have procrastinated the entire exercise of closet organization. Can you relate in any way?
Organizing my closet is important to me because it is connected to my personal style. It’s odd to want to have something finished and not be willing to be a part of the process right? So this is me taking my closet by the reigns. I believe that by completing this exercise I am not only taking the steps I need to create the wardrobe I love but to also know what are the missing pieces and the ultimate style I want my closet to project about me as a person. So yeah, this is bigger than it seems. 🙂
With all that said, judging from the first photo showing you the chaos heaps of clothing, I may be here a few weeks…lol hahah but that’s okay because Rome was not built in a day. I think this closet transformation will be ongoing but my steps to organize will definitely have to have a time limit. 🙂
My main discoveries so far:
- I discovered that despite not loving white clothing I have a lot of white pieces that I had totally forgotten about or didn’t realized I owned. I blame my Aunt for these. She is always passing on pieces my way…lol Thanks Aunty 🙂
- There were pieces I haven’t worn for more than 5 years 😦
- I had a lot of bottoms but not many tops (This could explain why some things were forgotten…full looks are a must to keep pieces that work for me)
- Pieces that I have made for myself that don’t fit anymore are hard to part with. Hmmm
- The purchased clothing that didn’t fit or were too short or just not working anymore I had no problem giving away.
My next step is to move to my chest of drawers and sort the clothing in there as well. Once completed I can then decide what pieces stay in the drawers and which will grace the closet. 🙂 Wish me luck!
I hope you guys enjoyed this week’s check in on this. I am learning and doing as I go. It’s stressful but I have to get it done sooner rather than later.:)
How have you started your closet transformations in the past? What do you think of my approach? 🙂
The organization continues. Join me next week for another update and progress report.
Thanks for stopping by.