My first encounter or should I say tulle related project. I was commissioned by a friend to make a bustle. This bustle will be part of a birthday party Burlesque theme. The Birthday girl is really hoping to make a statement of her fabulousness as well as fierce side.
I first created three layers of tulle by attaching it on the mannequin using elastic. This gave me an idea of how to create the shape of the bustle I wanted as well as manage volume.
Get your bustle on.
I also added some trims to her ready made corset down the sides and made a matching garter to add some more flare to this already fierce outfit. She was very happy with that and it completed the look.
Also to enclose the layers of Tulle I used a double sided folded satin ribbon to form the belt.
A few days later here goes the finished product…..She loved it!!
Another great custom piece.
Just keep sewing….the sewing chronicles continue.